That Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV (as I’ll refer to it) has hundreds of uses? ACV contains vitamins, minerals, acids and antioxidants. Some of these nutrients include acetic and folic acids, potassium, iron and magnesium, and polyphenols (powerful antioxidants. People have been using ACV as a home remedy for health since ancient times! Apple Cider Vinegar with mother is made from crushed apples where the juice has fermented. One of the most common ways we hear of people using ACV is for a health tonic. To get the most benefit from this tonic it is best to drink it on an empty stomach about 20 minutes prior to eating. Otherwise, the ACV can get diluted.
MIx 1-2 Tablespoons ACV to 8 oz of water, add 1-2 teaspoons honey. You can also add cinnamon, ginger etc. for additional benefits. I wanted to explore some of the more creative ways to use ACV which you may not know about,
- Antibacterial All Purpose Cleaner. 1 Cup water, ½ cup ACV; you also add essential oils.
- Fruit and vegetable wash. Can kill e-coli and salmonella.
- Trap fruit flies. Pour ACV into cup, add a few drops of dish soap.
- Boil Better Eggs! Add AV to water. Protein in egg whites firm up more quickly when exposed to more acidic liquid.
- Make Fluffier Rice! Put 1 tsp. ACV In rice water while it’s cooking.
- Facial Toner. 1part ACV, 2 parts water. You may dilute it more if you have sensitive skin. Put on face, let sit 20 minutes, rinse. Do this 3 times daily.
- 1-2 cups in bath water and 2 cups Epsom salts. You can also add essential oils (Lavender)
- Body scrub. 2 Tbls. ACV, 1 cup sugar, 1 Tbls. Honey, Use as a whole body scrub.
- Hair Rinse. 1 part ACV 1 part water. Removes product build-up, detangles, and adds shine. Pour over hair, leave it in a few minutes before rinsing.
- Clean Your Toothbrush. ½ cup water, 2 Tbls. ACV, 2 tsp. Baking soda. Mix Well. Put the head of the toothbrush in ACV mixture and let sit 30 mins. Make sure to thoroughly rinse your toothbrush before you use it.
- Treat Acne. Dabbing small amounts of DILUTED ACV on to pimples will help them disappear faster.
- Add ACV to your dishwater, dishwasher or use it to rinse dishes.
- Add some ACV to your laundry to help remove odors.
- Rid Pets of Fleas. Mix 1 part water to 1 part ACV. Spray on your pet.
- Weed Killer. Spray UNDILUTED on unwanted weeds.
- Remove Rust or MIneral Stains. Place soaked ACV cloth over rust or mineral stain. Let sit overnight to help remove stains.
Another hint: Don’t throw that old ACV out. Even if you don’t want to drink it, you can still use it for many of these uses. Out-dated or not ACV is a good product to have around the house! We carry several brands of ACV in our Honeyman stores. Along with many other great products! Hope to see you soon!